Saturday, July 4, 2009

Looking Ahead to Nicaragua

To picture what my life will look like one week from today and thenceforth would exceed my creative foresight, but it is atypical that I have yet to try.  Any trip or event of consequence has always been preceded by those daydreams in which I am already the man I aspire to be.  And, always prolouged by the acknowledgment that I have a long way to go, that I proved too timid or weak to say what I dreamed I would say or take that action I promised my imagination I would.  Yet, with only seven days separating me from Nicaragua, no tales of what I would do have been fabricated, no improbable standard has been set.  Strangely, my eager imagination has laid dormant in anticipation of this, my greatest adventure.  With a college diploma has that imagination convinced itself to tame the reckless hope of youth's wild dreams, or could it be that my heart has finally shown the courage to promise those dreams a better story than they would dare to predict?

No comments:

Post a Comment